Sunday 19 August 2012

In the end

At the end of it, at the end of your life? what have you achieved? My life ambition, no, it's more of a fear more than anything else, is that I want to make a splash in this world. I want to make a splash and cause a wave so high that it wet everybody, if only just a little bit. In my opinion, the luckiest people are those who are remembered for what they have done. One of my favourite quotes sums this brilliantly: "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." we can sit around all day doing nothing, or we can get out there and do something. Actually, come to think of it, another one of my favourite quotes fits in here too. "It's not who we are inside, it's the things we do that define us" this one suggests that you can have a heart full of good intentions, but good intentions are nothing if you do not act on them. Both of these, combined is how I would like to live my life. Obviously it is not always possible, and I'm not suggesting that I want to be the next Mother Theresa or William Shakespeare, I highly doubt that in the years following my death, that many people will remember me. But it will be the handful of people who do remember me, the handful of people who's lives I have affected, those are the people that at the end, are most important. in all honesty, very few people will read this. and that is ok. I am not writing this to 'be remembered' I just wanted to get my views across.

1 comment: